What Personal Information Does Chipmunks.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continuously improve your experience at Chipmunks.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, improving our products, product offerings and website, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Chipmunks.com.
- E-mail Communications: We sometimes send you newsletters of our services and products, and order confirmations. To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Chipmunks.com if your computer supports such capabilities.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifier text files that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
DOES CHIPMUNKS.COM SHARE THE INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
We respect your privacy and appreciate your business. At no time do we ever provide your account contact or payment information to any third party vendor, associate or service provider unless absolutely necessary in order to complete your transaction and order. Obviously, this includes not selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
You provide information when you search, buy, order, or use other methods of communication via our website or e-mail to Chipmunks.com. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers, and credit card information, people to whom purchases have been shipped; including addresses and phone numbers and product information.
For security purposes, Chipmunks.com sometimes collects and analyzes the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, and to our website. This is done for your protection for tracking purposes in the unfortunate event that someone gains access to your personal or financial information and opens an account, or makes purchases under your name.